Monday, March 26, 2012

Take Time to Play

Well, I knew it would happen.  I burned myself out.  I hit my own wall recently.  We all do it to yourselves, don't we?  In our busy world, we all have a tendency to go, go, go.... in my case, when I am enthused and passionate about something, I typically put 200% into what I do, working relentlessly, with focus and detail.  I have to be honest, I don't know when to stop sometimes and then, I too, seek out something playful to do to re-balance myself and to come back refreshed, alert and ready to go. 


So, what do you do when you feel yourself beginning to short circuit? - you know....when you feel the tingling of nerve endings below the surface of your skin, your digestive system tightening up into a knot or simply feeling exhausted leaving little space for calm rational thought, so you start snapping real easily (and not being proud of it)....


....YOU TAKE A BREAK AND TUNE IN TO PLAY!!!


 1.   Observe your natural surroundings such as playful dolphins in the ocean - carefree, enjoying the elements, and going with the flow.   Just watching nature at it's best can stimulate a sense of joy and in turn breathe new life into seeking out a fun activity for yourself.

Play like the dolphin!

2.  Take a spur of the moment trip.  Get in the car, step on the gas and just go.  Exploring new places and seeing different surroundings is a great way to play and experience that child-like sense of discovery.  

3.   Move your body - but choose something playful that you did when you were younger to bring out the child-like joyful quality of playing, being creative and having  pure fun.


You are never too old to hula hoop!


4.  Giggle until you wiggle - In other words, LAUGH and LAUGH WELL until your abs feel sore.  Allow laughter to help you shake the tension away and lighten your load.  A good belly laugh is a great outlet - gets the blood flowing and is just a great overall feel good playful experience that is available anytime and anywhere.


There are many, many more examples, but guess what?   I need to go out and play!!



To the adventure,





No comments:

Post a Comment